Tuesday, November 3, 2009

One Year Ago Today!!

One year ago today my baby brother started his journey of Marine bootcamp! A year ago was by far one of the HARDEST times in my life. It was SO hard to see my brother load up on a bus and know that we wouldn't see him for another 3 months. He missed his 19th birthday, my sister's birthday, Thanksgiving, Christmas, and New Year's at home and it just kept feeling surreal. I remember getting that first letter from him and you would have thought that Christmas came early that day and in fact it did! I really do believe that everything happens for a reason and all I can say is I will always support my baby brother in whatever he decides to do and love him just the same! I was the 1st person to get to him the day we got to see him and boy that was a great feeling!

Lil Bubba,

First and foremost I am so proud of the man you have become! You left here last year my carefree, 18 year old baby brother and came back a man! It was the BEST feeling in the whole wide world to be able to finally see you and then to be the first person to hug you in San Diego! I love you so much and will always love and support you no matter what! You know that no matter what I will always be on your side! I pray that you find all you want in life and that you see that you really do deserve to have all the best that life has to offer! I love you and no matter what am so glad that you're home!

Love,

Your Big Sis

0 comments: