Thursday, February 11, 2010

Catching Up

Ok so I know I've been horrible at blogging, but honestly I don't feel like anything that interesting has been going on in our lives! Here's a recap of 2009 (ok so I stole this idea from my friend Michelle) :)

  • January: I rung in the new year with bronchitis..what fun! We had our wedding shower on January 24th & got lots of great gifts from wonderful friends & family! 4 days later we flew to San Diego, CA to see my lil bubba graduate marine bootcamp!
  • February: Flight got delayed in San Diego, but we made it home in time to watch the superbowl! We spent our last valentine's as an engaged couple & were busy putting the last minute touches on our wedding!
  • March: WE FINALLY SAID I DO!! It was a crazy few days leading up to the wedding, but it all came together & lil bubba even made it home!! We spent a wonderful week in Disney World & I've asked to go back every month since!! We started looking for our first home!! My best friend Julie had her beautiful baby girl Olivia!!
  • April: Closed on our house on April 30th!!
  • May: Moved out of our 1 bedroom apartment and into our beautiful new home!!
  • June: Started Summer School (last math class ever) with fingers crossed!
  • July: Brian turned 26!! Ended summer school with a surprising B & a huge sigh of relief to have taken my last math class ever! Thanked God for saving dad a year ago on July 17th!
  • August: Saw George Strait in concert for the 1st time ever and it was AMAZING!! I turned 24!! I also quit my job of 5 years and started student teaching!! Lil bubba came home!! Applied for graduation!! Celebrated Melinda's birthday!
  • September: fully into student teaching & working on my huge graduation project (AKA...Teacher Work Sample) Julie came home!!
  • October: Turned in above mentioned TWS...Finally! Celebrated dad, Aaron, and Guy's birthdays! Still can't believe Aaron turned 2!! Had a fun kids dress up party on Halloween at Kim's. Where Aaron was superman and Olivia was a ladybug! 2nd part of student teaching began!
  • November: Celebrated Matt, Mikey, and Kim's birthday's!! Kim & Guy hosted their 1st Thanksgiving!!
  • December: Graduation month had finally arrived!! Celebrated mom and Granny's birthday (they have the same bday) We spent the entire month counting down the days til graduation, Brian working, attending Christmas programs and parties, and visited Brian's parent's twice (we visited them other times during the year too, but I can't remember when)!! GRADUATION DAY FINALLY ARRIVED!! After 5 long years I finally had my degree!!

  • So far this year we've: celebrated Mikey's dad's 90th birthday, celebrated Nan's birthday, I got my teacher's certification & degree, Brian moved to The Woodlands office, and now we're getting ready to celebrate our 1st Valentine's as a married couple and in just 24 days will celebrate our 1 year anniversary!! The last year of my life has literally flown by & I can't wait to see what the next year has in store!!

0 comments: